Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fried Pickles [Vegan]

I love pickles! I'm crazy about pickles. I remember just snacking away on giant pickles when I was little. I also love fried food. So, it was quite surprising, when I'd heard of these, that I'd never had a fried pickle. I tried one for the first time while I was in Oklahoma this last Christmas. They were amazing. I decided to make them at home as that would be the cheapest. This recipe is super simple. If you love pickles, you'll love these tasty little treats.

Ingredients
1/4 cup sliced pickles
1 cup bread crumbs
4 tbs egg replacer
1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
1/4 tsp onion powder (optional)
1/4 tsp parsley (optional)
oil for frying


Place pickles between two paper towels to absorb the juice from them. Mix bread crumbs and seasonings in a bowl. Prepare egg replacer in another bowl. One at a time, place pickles in egg replacer mixer and then in bread crumbs. Be sure to cover the whole pickle slice. Gently pat the bread crumbs on the pickle. Set aside until all pickles are covered.


Once you are done covering pickles, heat oil in a frying pan on medium to high heat. Once hot, place pickles in hot oil, only a few at a time. Fry each side until golden brown.


Allow them to cool a minute before you attempt to eat. I know the wait can be difficult but you don't want to burn your taste buds before you can really enjoy these little masterpieces. They are great with vegan ranch.


No comments:

Post a Comment