Wednesday, February 23, 2011

7 Days of Super Simple Pasta
Day 3: Spaghetti O's

Even adults have to admit they love spaghetti o's. Tiny little O shaped pasta in a really delicious tomato sauce? Oh yeah! It was the only time I'd ever eat tomato sauce! But, sadly, spaghetti o's are not vegan. They have cheese in the sauce. So, for my 7 Days of Super Simple Pasta, I decided to attempt to make something comparable to this childhood treat. I have to say, that from what I remember, this tastes pretty close to the real thing. And it's got way less ingredients! Super easy and super yummy!

Ingredients
1 cup uncooked Pasta Wheels
1 can Condensed Tomato Soup
1/4 cup water
1/2 tbs Paprika
1 tbs Vegan Parmesan


Cook pasta wheels according to directions (Don't prepare them al dente. The texture is not nice with this sauce). Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, heat condensed tomato soup and water. Mix in paprika and parmesan (it is ok to leave the parmesan out if you don't have any. It won't change the flavor too much).

When the pasta is done and the sauce is hot, mix the two together and serve.


That's it! So simple it's outta control! I always preferred my spaghetti o's cold, so I didn't heat the sauce when I made this recipe the second time. It was just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment