Thursday, February 24, 2011

7 Days of Super Simple Pasta
Day 4: Farfalle with Basil Feta Cream

Bowtie noodles are my absolute favorite. They make me feel like a kid. I get so upset when a restaurant doesn't have them. Then I act like a kid and throw things at the server. I most enjoy farfalle noodles with a heavy sauce. Anything less just runs off. I made this cream sauce one night simply because I had leftover feta and basil from my earlier pasta recipes. As luck would have it, this turned about delicious.

Ingredients
2 cups uncooked farfalle
3 oz feta
1/4 cup basil
2 tbs oil
2 tbs milk or creamer
1/4 cup water


Cook pasta according to directions. In a food processor, place feta and basil. Blend until mixture has crumbled into tiny pieces. Add oil and milk or creamer and blend again till mixture forms a thick paste. Next add the water and blend. Your sauce should still be a bit thick but not so much that it wouldn't run off of a spoon. If it's still too thick, add more water, a tablespoon at a time. Once your sauce is at your desired consistency, you can mix it with your cooked and drained noodles.


That's it! This pasta is heavy because the sauce is a cream, so if you eat a lot, prepare to feel very full. It's so awesome and tasty that you will probably eat it all. We had this with
garlic bread and the left over cream sauce tasted soooo good on the bread. I suggest you try that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment