Monday, February 21, 2011

7 Days of Super Simple Pasta
Day 1: Lemon Pepper Rotini

Pasta is a super cheap ingredient, so Adam and I tend to have a lot of it in the house. Well, that and the fact that pasta is crazy good. We love pasta in our house and so as to not get bored with it, I'm often experimenting with different kinds of sauces and ingredients. That's how I came up with the idea of doing 7 Super Simple Pastas. It's a week of 7 different pastas made with 7 different types of noodles. This is great for those trying to budget because each pasta has only a few ingredients, a lot of which will already be in your house, or are things you can use in other simple dishes. I hope you enjoy these easy to make pastas. I know I enjoying making them and Adam enjoyed eating them.


Lemon Pepper Rotini Ingredients
2 1/2 cups uncooked Rotini
About 1/4 cup Lemon Pepper
1 tbs Vegan Parmesan
1 tbs oil
1/2 cup cooked asparagus


Cook rotini according to direction. Cook asparagus whichever way you like best. (I sautéed mine with a little lemon juice) Drain cooked pasta and return to pot. Add remaining ingredient and mix well.


I served mine with some homemade garlic bread. This is a really light pasta that you don't feel bad about after eating.


2 comments:

  1. That looks great! I want to try some...send some through the internet please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am putting together a vegan community blog. It is a blog where any vegan blogger can post whenever they want, promote what they want, pretty much do whatever they want. If you are interested and have a blogger account just send me your blog account email to kaycee@donevegan.com and I can add you as an author so you can freely post, or you can send any submissions to submissions@donevegan.com and I can manually post them.

    Let me know if you are interested in contributing and I can send you more info if needed.
    Thanks!

    Kaycee
    Done Vegan

    ReplyDelete