Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Basic Veggie Sandwich [Vegan]

This is my go to sandwich. Growing up the only kind of sandwich I'd eat consisted of cheese between two pieces of white bread, smothered in mayo(I admit, I love mayonaise). You wouldn't find a vegetable anywhere near my food. Now, I've discovered the wonderful tastes and textures of a slightly more complex sandwich. Consisting of creamy avocado, crunchy pepper and bitter sprouts, this is my grown up sandwich.

2 slices whole wheat bread (I love Hemptation brand)
Veganaise
1 slice vegan cheese
1 slice tofurky Peppered Deli Meat
1/4 avocado
5 thin slices Bell Pepper
cumumber slices
1/4 cup Sprouts
pepper


Since we've all made sandwichs before, there's no need to go into great descriptive depths. Veganaise on bread (or you can use hummus) then sprinkle with pepper. Layer on the rest of ingredients and enjoy.



You can add or subtract any of the ingredients to your liking. As I said before I love the different textures in this and the flavors really complement eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment