Thursday, January 13, 2011

Banana Cream Frosting [Vegan]

I decided to share some vegan treats with my co-workers, as my veganism, even just vegetarianism, is quite a mystery to them. I wanted there to be options so everyone could try something, and decided to make 3 different cupcake flavors. Wanting to make something I hadn't before, to be daring, I took the plethora of bananas we had and made this banana cream frosting. Which I must admit, is to die for!


Ingredients
1/2 cup mashed bananas
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup vegan butter
3 cups confectioners sugar


Mix lemon juice with bananas to keep them from turning brown. Cream the butter till it is soft and fluffy, then mix in bananas and sugar and continue mixing till fluffy.



You can add a little vanilla if you like. I want to add some rum next time but I couldn't give that to my co-workers.
I placed this atop chocolate cupcakes and it was delicious. I used the leftover frosting on some vegan crepes.

No comments:

Post a Comment